The benefits of having adequate sleep every night goes beyond good skin and lack of under eye circles. Sleep is a fundamental part of one’s over-all health and wellness. To help you to understand even more why you should always achieve the recommended 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night, we will be discussing some of the most surprising benefits of sleep on best mattress uk.
- First of all, sleep can improve the sharpness of your memory. So, if you are trying to learn something new, it will be easier for you if you have already slept soundly.
- For those who are trying to control their weight, then listen up. Did you know that sleep and weight are also related? Studies suggest that people who sleep less than the recommended 7 hours per night are more at risk of becoming obese. The rationale behind this has something to do with the hormone leptin. This hormone plays a significant role in signaling your body to stop eating once you feel full already. If you lack sleep, this hormone drops. When this happens, you tend to always be hungry and you will also crave for high-calorie foods.
- You probably know this by now, but sleep can hugely improve your mood. According to a research conducted by University of Pennsylvania, those who have limited hours of sleep tend to be more stressed, depressed and exhausted. In the study, the participants were asked to follow the recommended number of sleeping hours and their mood significantly improved.
- Sleep helps prevent inflammation, which is directly linked to various health conditions such as stroke, diabetes and heart diseases. Those who are always sleep deprived were found to have higher levels of inflammatory proteins in the blood.
- Adequate sleep can foster and improve your creativity. A research conducted by Harvard University and Boston College found out that sleep can give a persons’ creativity a significant boost.
- Did you know that studies have suggested that those who sleep for less than six hours every night have double the rate of death occurrences? This is just one of the reminders that sleep is really crucial for a healthier body. So, if you want to live longer, then make sure that you have adequate sleep hours.
- People who always have good quality sleep are generally better in reacting to stressful situations. If you are feeling refreshed, then the tendency is for you to be more focused and well-equipped with problem solving skills. Also, you will be more happy and relaxed.
- Enjoy a better sex life with complete sleep. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, good quality sleep can improve your over-all mood, this, of course is great for your sex life as well. On a more scientific level, lack of sleep can also decrease your testosterone.
- If you already have a low pain tolerance, then this is something that you should remember. Experts say that those who are always lacking in sleep can experience worse pain compared to those who are not sleep deprived.
- Sleep can affect your athleticism. You might have heard by now that athletes value their sleep so much because they want to feel reenergized and well-rested especially during crucial games. You are also putting yourself at risk for injuries if you compete without proper sleep.
These are just some of the most surprising health benefits of adequate sleep. We hope that the list above can inspire you to follow good sleeping habits. Always remember that without sleep, the quality of your life will be greatly affected as well.