Want to know an interesting fact? Did you know that you will spend 1/3 of your life sleeping? Yes, that’s correct! And if you want to know another fact, did you know that you sweat around half a pint every night? This is just one of the reasons why you should always clean and deodorize your mattress.
A clean mattress is important in ensuring that you will have a restful sleep. If your mattress smells, it will be difficult for you to fall asleep. When this happens, you will surely not be able to function fully the next day.
Another important reason why you need to clean your mattress is because it can accumulate and harbor dust mites and dirt. So, for today, we will be sharing with you not only tips on deodorizing your best mattress for stomach sleepers, but cleaning it as well.
- You should try to rotate your mattress at least every change in season. This will help not only to maintain the structure of your mattress and prevent sagging; it will also enable you to clean it thoroughly.
- You should vacuum your mattress regularly. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, dust mites, dirt and other debris can accumulate on it over time and vacuuming it is a great solution.
- Aside from vacuuming your mattress, it is also important to deodorize it. To do this, all you need is baking soda. What you need to do is to sprinkle the mattress with baking soda and then leave it for half an hour. After that, all you need to do is to vacuum the mattress again. This will help you to get rid of the bad odor of your mattress. You also have the option to add in your favorite essential oil if you want. You will surely enjoy the scent the next time you sleep.
- You may also use vinegar to deodorize it. Just like earlier, you will also need to vacuum the mattress first. After that, you need to combine water and distilled white vinegar in equal amounts. Once mixed, spray it on your mattress. Just make sure to not overdo it. Allow it to air dry by leaving for a couple of minutes. Once done on one side, proceed on the next. After air drying it, you need to sprinkle baking soda again and leave it over night. Vacuum it after and then let the mattress stay under the sun too let it breathe.
- Do not forget to purchase a mattress cover. It will make everything easier for you especially the maintenance of your mattress. The cover will not only keep it clean, it will also prevent it from picking up bad odor.
- Even if you do not smell something bad on the mattress you should still regularly clean and deodorize your mattress. Harness the magical ability of the sun by bringing your mattress outside.
- If you will be using any cleaner, make sure that it is non-toxic. Remember, you will be sleeping on it every night and if the cleanser you use is not environment-friendly, the tendency is for you to inhale during the night.
Just like what we have mentioned time and again, a clean and odor-free mattress plays a big role in ensuring that you achieve the optimal sleep that you deserve. No one would want to sleep on a dirty and smelly mattress, right? Just follow the tips we have listed above and we are sure that you will see the change in your mattress right away! Good luck and happy cleaning!